International Day of Friendship is celebrated on July 30th every year. But we think friendship is so important, we should celebrate it for an entire week!
The International Day of Friendship was proclaimed in 2011 by the UN General Assembly with the idea that friendship between peoples, countries, cultures and individuals can inspire peace efforts and build bridges between communities.
The resolution places emphasis on involving young people, as future leaders, in community activities that include different cultures and promote international understanding and respect for diversity.
There are many ways you can celebrate friendship this week, including…..
- Like us on Facebook and share our posts about International Day Week of Friendship.
- Post tributes to your international and mission team friends on Facebook – and remember to use the hashtags #chhfmissions and #internationaldayoffriendship
- Take a moment to write a note of appreciation to at least one friend, especially a friend from Honduras or another country.
- Take a friend to lunch, a movie, or just host a celebration of friendship.
- Talk to your friends at home about the special bonds of friendship you have with people in Honduras. Encourage them to get involved in the mission.
- Make a donation to continue to support the mission and your friends in Honduras working to make the Limón community healthier.